HISTORICAL AIRPLANES VOLKEL HVV
When at Volkel Airbase two plans of 312
Squadron to restore a complete F-104G and the local museum to restore a
Starfighter cockpit section came together, they established the group
Historical Airplanes Volkel. The group is a part of the local museum
‘Typhoon’. The volunteers are retired Air Force employees and still
active Air Force military personnel.
- F-104G Starfighter D-8063 stripped for parts.
- F-104G Starfighter D-8256 restauration cockpit section.
- F-104G Starfighter D-8279 placing at Volkel as gate guard. (completed).
- F-104G Starfighter D-8312 restauration stoped due to a/c trade for the D-8114.
- F-104G Starfighter D-8114 restauration
- F-16A Fighting Falcon J-240 placing at Volkel as gate guard. (completed).
- Napier Sabre engine from a crashed Hawker Typhoon made exposiyion ready (completed)
- F-84F Thunderstreak P-171 stripped for parts.
- F-84F Thunderstreak P-277 stripped for parts.
- F-84F Thunderstreak P-248 placing at Volkel as gate guard. (completed).
The HVV team project now is to bring the F-104G, D8114 to het original status including a running engine!
All photos are by Theo Bomen.